Pediatric Dentist in Huntsville AL
Our family dental practice is happy to provide comprehensive oral care to patients of all ages—including young children! And we offer comprehensive pediatric dentistry in Huntsville, AL.
We recommend bringing your son or daughter by for their first checkup around the time of their first tooth eruption. This helps them become familiar with a dental setting early on and reduces the chances that their first visit will be because of something uncomfortable (such as a cavity in need of a dental filling).
Routine Dental Checkups for Your Child
At each checkup, we’ll provide essential services like:
- Dental exams. Dr. Cook thoroughly assesses your child’s smile for signs of cavities, trauma, infection, or eruption complications that could impact adult teeth later. We recommend a visit at least every 6 months to detect problems as early as possible.
- Teeth cleanings. Our hygienists gently clean your child’s teeth and provide essential oral hygiene education tips to encourage healthy smiles for life.
- Fluoride treatments. Prescription-strength fluoride makes tooth enamel stronger and more resistant to cavities, protecting both baby and adult teeth!
- Fissure sealants. Protective sealants help repel acids and bacteria in the hard-to-reach grooves of your child’s back teeth. They can help your son or daughter avoid the risk of childhood cavities by making it easier to clean their molars. Dr. Cook usually recommends placing sealants on the first and second sets of molars, which typically erupt around the ages of 6 and 12, give or take a couple of years.
- Digital x-rays. Dental x-rays let us inspect the eruption patterns of your child’s teeth. This is an important step in avoiding orthodontic complications later on, as well as catching tooth decay that isn’t visible during a clinical exam.
Dentistry as Your Child Grows
Your child’s dentistry changes as he or she grows. Early exams give way to professional teeth cleanings, for example. Dr. Cook and his team are great with children, and we introduce new therapies as needed and as we build a trusting relationship with your child.
At Twickenham Family Dentistry, we understand that it’s important to create bonds and friendships with the children we treat. We always work hard to make sure your child enjoys coming to the dentist.
It is our goal to treat your child’s dental needs into adulthood and then treat their children and your grandchildren! At Twickenham Family Dentistry, we believe that dentistry can be a family affair and a multigenerational endeavor and tradition.
Contact Our Dental Office Today
Our early morning hours make it easy to work in dental visits before your child heads to school. Call our Huntsville, AL office today to schedule your family’s next visit! (256) 539-4079. We also encourage you to contact us if you have any questions about our services.